Wednesday, June 27, 2018

It's Kitchen Remodel Time!

I realize this has nothing to do with sewing, but I wanted to blog about our kitchen renovation because I'm so excited about it! So, for my first blog post I have some before pictures. Here is what our kitchen looked like when we bought our house 5 years ago.
Actually it's not a true before picture. When we bought the house there was green shag carpet in the dining area and orange linoleum in the kitchen area. We changed the carpet throughout the house and put in this laminate wood flooring before we moved into the house. The cabinets also had some lovely 70's hardware that my husband hated and removed right away.


 For years we were bumping our hips on that beautiful orange peninsula counter top every time we walked past. The color started to grown on me, but the layout didn't work well with the flow of traffic in our house. It made the dining area feel cramped and the cabinets above and below the orange counter were hard to access and keep organized. It was a cluttery mess!
One day I went to a play and when I came home, the orange counter and surrounding cabinets were gone! My husband was so tired of them, he ripped them out. For the past year or more we have been living like this.
 It has felt a lot more open, but it's been a pain! The stove is sandwiched in there with no counters on either side. One of the cabinets (to the left of the fridge) hasn't had a counter top on it, and it's just been awful. So, now that summer has come and we have time on our hands, the real kitchen remodel has begun!

1 comment: