Saturday, February 11, 2017

the triforce and the missing Link

We are moving along on this awesome quilt! Both my son and I are getting really excited as we sew blocks together and see the progress.
I was pretty nervous about the triforce block because the directions sounded all complicated, but to my utter relief it was the easiest block yet. I did not even need to use any special angles for cutting the triangles, they were just rectangles that I marked the middle of and then used a straight edge to cut it to each corner. It turned out beautifully!
I just sewed these two sections together today, but next week I am going to have to unpick them. The green section is slightly longer than the black section, and I thought I would just add a strip of black there by the wizzrobe, but I realized that the triforce is not cenered over Zelda so I really need to add the black strip to the side by the darknut. I asked my husband and he said he doesn't even notice, but I do and I know it will forever bug me if I don't fix it now. Ugh! I am getting lazy and should have known better than to just try to sew them together without measuring and planning first.
Speaking of planning, we have something different planned for the Link block than what Linda did with hers. It's a surprise though! I can't wait to show you all what we are doing. Here's to hoping it actually works out...

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm so excited to see all these blocks you're making. It'll be fun to see them done. But then, you knew that. :)