Thursday, February 18, 2016

Scrappy crumb quilt

A couple months ago I saw this fun idea on pinterest for using up scraps. They call it a crumb quilt and it was fun! Here is the tutorial I saw, but I know there are many more out there. I loved how fun and easy it was to make:
 I have this habit of saving the most awkward of scraps in the hopes that I will use them someday and I finally found out how.
 Each block is unique and fun in it's own way. My favorites are the ones with triangles. It looks so complicated but it wasn't.
One of the things I am learning is that using white fabric to frame the blocks helps a scrappy quilt look more polished. The only fabric I bought for this quilt top was the white. I'm not sure what I'll do with this one yet but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment